Friday, 5 July 2013

CG Comp Test


I have produced this test, by improving an original shot which looked a little bland.



I textured this with mia material x passes with a light fractal bump, and have lit it with a HDRI combined with directional light and an area light. I have rendered the beauty, specular, ambient occlusion and indirect passes, for example, at 32-bit (float) OpenEXR. This is composited in Nuke to create as nice an image as possible to sell this company.


Working with the depth pass and zBlur node was good practice. Making sure to use this pass and bring it in using the ShuffleCopy node setting the Z to Red and the drop down menu to 'depth'. This allows one to use the focal plane setup to adjust where the depth effects more.

I used the same depth pass to create a light fog by grading the image in the Grade node and merging it. This was tricky, but upping both the multiply and gain together (or exceeding the allowed amount as the effect is similar) allowed to get the right feeling. I also had to invert my depth pass. Instead of using the merge node to combine this, I used another Grade node (which I coloured slightly) and this went into the 'mask' of the node.

No comments:

Post a Comment