But for this scene, the large, selling, multiple exposure, I felt it very necessary to composite the background and foreground (which I composited together in After Effects) in Nuke and applying the light wrap there in order for the character to appear to be in the scene that bit more...
We had used light wraps in Hugo Guerra's master class in the last academic year, when he walked us through compositing most of a scene from The Mill's Audi Hummingbird advert, so I knew how to set one up.
This is example of the scene before the light wrap being applied in Nuke:
And, this is the result after the effect being applied:
Okay, it might be subtle (you can flick between the two images), but important I feel.
Also, I tried to get a wrap around the character a little more, even in the dark areas. In After Effects, with the amount of composites and re-scaling, it has taken a while. This might be achieved for the final render, though...
Also, I tried to get a wrap around the character a little more, even in the dark areas. In After Effects, with the amount of composites and re-scaling, it has taken a while. This might be achieved for the final render, though...
This is a screen shot of Nuke to show you how I set up:




No comments:
Post a Comment