Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Very Simple Composite - Update

For updating purposes....



Please ignore error

This is a very simple comp with only a few passes and layers, without much atmosphere or anything. I have played with the camera settings and UVs, and would like to play with the lighting, as it is currently set at default physical sun and sky with bounce light/final gathering.

I tried to do achieve this look using Nuke, but this is achieved in After Effects. It is just much quicker for me to create in AE. Whilst attempting to create it in Nuke I was trialing a lot of the interface and getting to know nodes (zblur, shuffle, grade, merge, roto) and layers (RGB, luminance), so it was a productive time in a sense, but the output took so much more time due to my inexperience. This will progress and I will get a lot better at Nuke - it is so much more complicated and therefore more can be created with it.

I can remember when I started up After Effects. I found it quite mind boggling as well. As is the case with any new software which we in our field have to constantly adapt to. But, I am now incredibly comfortable with After Effects. I'm not going to do what Andrew Kramer has seemed to do and be so very faithful to AE and develop it. I am converting to Nuke for compositing this year. And, I will still use AE for particular areas it is best, easier, or more fun for, likely...

I am shooting a live action green screen test tomorrow. I will chroma key this, and if possible composite the live action character into this environment, gathering camera and lighting details and emulating that into this CG environment. I have been given some detailed advice from Matt Cameron (director and VFX artist), and researched what is needed for the composite, etc. We will try and recreate the current lighting setup you can see in the images, as close as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment