The film script we have written states that there are interior environments, and one exterior, which are abandoned and derelict in look. This is projected to be created by a live action shoot and compositing photographed wall textures from derelict settings onto cards after tracking, etc, all within Nuke. The photography will be executed along with cinematographer Michal Zagorski. After the tutorial with lecturer Jin Zhi on Friday the 25th of January 2013, the techniques have become more clear - particularly when to apply lens distortion and how to use tracking and roto nodes.
This is for the shots within the living room especially, within the imagination sequence. When he returns to normality the living room will be the original live action plates, simply colour graded.
There is another shot or two where the environment will have to be created fully in CG. This is where I will collaborate with my classmate Lina Ivanova. The character will be shot on green screen to later be composited into the scene. I will be using my practiced techniques I used in Test 1 in semester 1, and I will take my experience from that to hopefully make a better result.
For example, the first things I think of are; moving the camera and setting up tracking markers on the screen to then track and take the camera into the CG environment; keying within Nuke; putting lens distortion onto the CG environment render probably from shooting a grid with the camera, or shooting a structure for lines, or I might be advised to use another technique.
The other main technique will be the shot in which both brothers are seen conjoined in one shot - from behind. This will be achieved likely with a double. The shots before, or even after, this shot will show both brothers in separate shots talking to one another whilst the audience still do not know they are conjoined. It may at this point seem like schizophrenia.
These are my thoughts at this point in time. I look forward to working on all of these techniques and I have a clear idea of the project's schedule, especially now that I have a very clear film script. More on this later.
No comments:
Post a Comment