My collaboration with Michal Zagorski and Jeppe Niesen has me, as I have shown before, working on the music video 'The Escapist'.
Here is an update on how it is going. I have included the music and some context of the full music video for this clip:
I am compositing the piece. Thomas Hogben is working on the particle simulations of the bats and headlights (which were shown in the animatic in the December 2012 post), Sean has modelled the bat and Brian Lindsey is set to produce some trees for the headlight simulation.
Reflection on practice: This project is based on my programme of study mainly because it is a compositing job and based in visual storytelling. However, I feel that this is a little off-topic in the sense that I am working in After Effects, which is the best software for the piece. In the course I hope to utilise Nuke more predominantly. Nonetheless, this is definitely a good project, good practice, good for the showreel, good progress and beneficial as part of a 'deal maker' to get my film produced to higher standards with my team over both projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment