Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Going Live | Packshot Test

After our test, and subsequently lessons learnt, myself and Ross Douglas organised and executed the filming of the packshot. We organised to have the help of the experienced Malcolm Finnie, and I booked out the EX-1 and the facilities.

Yesterday we picked up our clear Guinness shaped glasses (x4) and today we filmed the shots.

We initially thought we would film a 'perfect' shot of the Guinness rising in the glass after being poured. However, it appeared with Malcolm's advice that a multiple exposure and combination/layering of the best clips would be best. So after stinking out the photography studio with booze, we bunged a few of the clips together, then I tweaked it in order to create a first test.

Here it is:


In order to create the swirling effect desired (in combination with the basic rising), and not waste cans of Guinness, we mixed the pint with a stick. This shook the glass a little, so this needed stabilised (this is still not perfectly executed). I also animated a mask to create the rising effect (I feel that we can make this fully rise and meet the head and therefore last longer). There is around five shots combined here in this test - set to 'Screen' with tweaked opacities.

We will have meetings during this week to discuss all of this.

I think this went night and day better than last week's attempt. Obviously a long weekend drinking Guinness in Belfast for my big brother's stag really helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment