Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Factory/Station Comp Tests

After yesterday's very basic start, I am beginning to get a lot more satisfied with some of the proposed effects.

Here is a test of the composite so far:

Focus #1

Focus #2

Lighting: I have opted to do the beams of light solely in Nuke. Here you can make more interesting shapes with roto'. I have added extra spotlights - so I have three, one for the door, one for the light cast at the back, and one for  the foreground over the car. The direction fill light faces the way of the camera. An ambient light is used for the diffuse layer for creating a simple pass at the moment.

Composite: I have applied the same idea of light outside with a light wrap spilling onto the inside. I might go for a sunset feeling with this later. As I mentioned I have created beams of light using roto'. I have used a light layer and ambient occlusion layer and then down-played the diffuse so the ugly textures aren't as visible - and this adds to the misty effect. I have created mist in the background and played with zDepth. I have also applied an 18mm lens distortion from the alleyway scene. I have composited smoke into here - in the foreground, from the pipes and roto'd around the car and the tunnel area to place it in space.

Here are some breakdowns to demonstrate this:









This is the node tree:


I can visibly see things improving and can feel the progress here. I still looks like concept art and not quite realistic enough yet. The big aim is obviously for it, once developed some more, to work as a moving image (even if very slight). The shot will have a simple shake when meant to be still as well as a version which very slightly dollies in. All while smoke glides from pipes and beams twinkle with dust in a state of slow motion.

I will work with my cinematographers to get this scene to become seamless with the rest of the shots in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment