Friday, 3 May 2013

Keying in Nuke

Last semester I did keying with Keylight for the Test 1 video within After Effects.

This semester, I have moved into Nuke for this. Again using Keylight, but also IBK.

The results I feel are a lot better and cleaner.

The project I did this for was Miss Donnithorne's Maggot with Flyboy Films. John Fairfield came to me and asked the favour to do these six shots in one afternoon.

I replaced  the green first of all with the desired grey they had before. But they wanted it 'dirtied up a bit'. And, with the lack of internet access on 3D lab computers I managed to source a texture in my project folders from the Test 1 video which was used for texturing the environment. I mixed this with the grey, and due to the idea that it were to be 'f**ked up' I made a trippy disorientating rotation of this back plate, which wasn't badly received.

Here is an example of the output:

Before

After

IBK Workflows:


Keylight Workflows:


Considering the short working time-frame and the lack of refining and staring closely at it, I am happy with the outcome, and the fact that John and Peter were happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment