They are very basic, and done in only a few hours, but they are underway.
I painted out one of the lights and some advertisements. I roto'd the extractor fan and added it into another location on another wall for more sources of smoke. Added smoke from these two fans, and some general patches of smoke and atmosphere.
This is the beginnings of the final shot, just toying with a few ideas.
Generally, I want more atmosphere (without detracting from the good detail which is there) and for the composite to be more accurate and realistic. This is what I will spend a lot of my time over the coming months working on.
I have tested some spotlights with light fog in Lina's scene here, and done a few rotoPaints for some extra light fog. This is messy by all means, however it's a little test. There are clear issues with the lighting, and even the syncing up of the environment in regard to where light is coming from. I need a front-facing light from the door (it wouldn't just go at an angle like this) and some different ones coming from the ceiling windows and cracks. I think that the beams and light-fog should be kept to particular areas, for example, where there is a large gap in the ceiling where the main light source should come from. The light from the door needs work and the fill light from the front. Upon that, then there is a colossal amount of lighting and compositing improvements or additions to be made. This is also an unfinished model with basic textures. It currently, to my eyes, looks like a computer game - which is not a nice look. So, a few months still to go!
It's also encouraging that after some experience using Nuke, I am getting a lot handier at it.
Beginnings of alleyway shot.





No comments:
Post a Comment